Looking for recipes Eastern-Style Mulligatawny Soup, each of our site provides recipes Eastern-Style Mulligatawny Soup that a person need Listed here are the tested recipes Eastern-Style Mulligatawny Soup that will you need
|Eastern-Style Mulligatawny Soup|
"This is the recipe from Shalimar Restaurant in Albany, NY. It is amazing. Enjoy this soup with some vegetable samosas and cheese naan bread. As with most soups, the longer you cook it, the more flavorful it is. Also, this soup is better when its a little thicker rather than watery."
- water to cover
- 1 cup dried split peas
- 4 cups water, or more as needed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
|Prep : 5M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 1H20M|
- Pour enough water over split peas in a large bowl to cover by at least 1 inch; soak at least 30 minutes.
- Drain split peas and transfer to a large pot. Pour 4 cups water over the split peas. Stir turmeric, ground dried chile pepper, and salt into the water; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, adding more water as needed to thin, until split peas are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir lemon juice and tomato paste into the split pea mixture; increase heat to medium and cook until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes more.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Fry garlic and cumin seeds in hot oil until the garlic browns, about 5 minutes; stir into the soup.
Thanks to visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best quality recipes.