Looking for recipes Deep Dish Ontario Apple Pie, the site provides recipes Deep Dish Ontario Apple Pie that a person need Listed here are the quality recipes Deep Dish Ontario Apple Pie that will you need
|Deep Dish Ontario Apple Pie|
"A family favorite, this pie is a staple at all our gatherings! Its creamy apple center and crunchy sugar topping will thrill your taste buds."
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 1H40M|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Whisk 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons flour, and salt together in a large bowl; whisk in sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in apples; turn apple mixture into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove pie from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle crumble topping evenly over pie.
- Bake pie until apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool before serving, about 30 minutes.
- Our family makes a version adapted to be diabetic friendly. We use 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar substitute (such as Splenda®) for 3/4 cup brown sugar in the pie filling, and 1/3 cup granulated brown sugar substitute (Splenda®) for 1/2 cup brown sugar in the topping.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark the site, if our web-site provides the best tested recipes.