Are you searching for recipes Blueberry Apple Butter, the site provides recipes Blueberry Apple Butter that an individual need Listed here are the tested recipes Blueberry Apple Butter of which you need
|Blueberry Apple Butter|
"Spread made with blueberries and cooking apples, such as Gala or Granny Smith."
- 8 large cooking apples - peeled, cored, and sliced
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 (1 pint) canning jars with lids and rings, or as needed
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 50M||Ready in : 11H55M|
- Place apples in a slow cooker. Cook on High, stirring occasionally, until apples are softened and broken down, about 3 hours. Add blueberries, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves; stir to combine. Lower temperature to Low. Simmer until apple butter is thickened, stirring often, 8 hours.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack apple butter into the hot, sterilized jars, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a knife or a thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Thanks to visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark our own site, if our internet site provides the best tested recipes.