Are you searching for recipes Avocado Mac and Cheese, our own site provides recipes Avocado Mac and Cheese that a person need Listed here are the dishes Avocado Mac and Cheese that will you need
|Avocado Mac and Cheese|
"Avocado adds extra creaminess to this zesty, reduced-fat mac & cheese with chili powder, lime juice and chives."
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 fully ripened Avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced, divided
- 5 ounces reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
|Prep :||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 15M|
- In large sauce pot, cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine milk, garlic, nutmeg and chili powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. When pasta is almost cooked, place in blender the parsley leaves, 1 1/2 cups of the diced avocado, the cheese, lime juice and hot milk with garlic cloves; whirl until smooth. Drain pasta and return to sauce pot. Pour cheese sauce over pasta; toss to combine. Add chives and remaining 1/2 cup diced avocado; toss gently. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Best when served the day of preparation.
- Use linguine in place of elbow macaroni and add sautéed bay scallops; use rotini (spiral shape) in place of elbow macaroni and add steamed shrimp; add spring vegetables to basic recipe.
Thanks to visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark each of our site, if our internet site provides the best tested recipes.