Trying to find recipes Spicy Shrimp and Sweet Potato Soup, each of our site provides recipes Spicy Shrimp and Sweet Potato Soup that an individual need Listed below are the quality recipes Spicy Shrimp and Sweet Potato Soup that will you need
|Spicy Shrimp and Sweet Potato Soup|
"Great all-in-one meal with a nice kick! Low-calorie and very tasty. Use fresh Louisiana yams if you can find them."
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups corn
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled medium shrimp
- 4 green onions, chopped
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 50M|
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Add vegetable stock, corn, sweet potatoes, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to onion mixture; bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Stir shrimp into stock mixture and return to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Stir green onion into soup; season with salt and pepper.
- If you don't like it too spicy, replace the Ro*tel® with regular diced tomatoes and use mild salsa instead of medium. Bon Appetite!
- Substitute yams for sweet potatoes, if desired. Substitute seafood stock for vegetable stock, if desired.
Thanks to visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark our own site, if our internet site provides the best quality recipes.