Are you searching for recipes Slow Cooker Sauce with Meatballs, each of our site provides recipes Slow Cooker Sauce with Meatballs that a person need Listed below are the quality recipes Slow Cooker Sauce with Meatballs of which you need
|Slow Cooker Sauce with Meatballs|
"Meatballs with mozzarella tucked inside are slow cooked in a savory tomato sauce and served over pasta for a hearty family meal."
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can RED GOLD® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can RED GOLD® Tomato Sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can RED GOLD® Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Mozzarella Meatballs:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces small fresh mozzarella balls
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 6H30M|
- In a large skillet heat extra-virgin olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Spray 5 quart or larger slow cooker. Add onion and garlic and remaining sauce ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Serve on pasta of your choice.
- Meat can be added to the sauce if desired. Below is a meatball recipe that could be added to the sauce at the beginning of the cook time.
- Mozzarella Meatballs: In a large bowl mix turkey, oats, basil, black pepper, garlic cloves and eggs. Shape into 2-inch balls (should get 14 to 16 meatballs). Press 1 small mozzarella ball into center of each meatball, sealed inside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high neat. Add meatballs; cook just until browned on all side. Place half of the sauce in slow cooker, add meatballs and then last half of sauce. Cook as directed.
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best dishes.