Are you searching for recipes Cranberry Ginger Wafers with Maple Sugar, each of our site provides recipes Cranberry Ginger Wafers with Maple Sugar that an individual need Listed below are the quality recipes Cranberry Ginger Wafers with Maple Sugar of which you need
|Cranberry Ginger Wafers with Maple Sugar|
"A bite of ginger with cranberries that would go well with an afternoon tea or lunch. I have made this recipe for a tribute to Canada on July 1st, Canada Day, with maple sugar topping to help us remember our heritage of maple syrup in Canada."
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups white sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar, or as needed
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 30M||Ready in : 1H10M|
- Bring water, cranberries, and 1 cup sugar to a boil in a saucepan; boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer until cranberries pop, about 2 minutes; remove from heat to cool. Pour cranberry mixture through a strainer; reserve liquid for another use.
- Whisk flour, ginger, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and remaining 1 cup white sugar with an electric mixer in a bowl until smooth; beat in egg. Stir drained cranberries into butter mixture; stir in flour mixture until fully incorporated. Cover dough; chill in the refrigerator until moderately firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface about 1/4 inch thick; cut into circles with a round cookie cutter. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light golden on the bottom, about 10 minutes; remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
Thanks to visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark our own site, if our web-site provides the best tested recipes.