Are you searching for recipes Sweet Potato and Chickpea Masala, each of our site provides recipes Sweet Potato and Chickpea Masala that a person need Listed here are the tested recipes Sweet Potato and Chickpea Masala that will you need
|Sweet Potato and Chickpea Masala|
"I had some leftover bread that has a short shelf-life. So, I guess this spicy recipe goes well with it. Decided to add sweet potato to the original chana masala, as I didn't want that to go to waste, too. And it tasted good!"
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- water as needed
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 3M||Ready in : 45M|
- Melt ghee with oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute ginger and garlic in the ghee mixture until aromatic and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add onion; continue to saute until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Mix curry powder, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garam masala, and turmeric together in a bowl; add to the skillet and stir. Stir enough water into the skillet to get the mixture to be paste-like; cook to let the flavors intensify for about 30 seconds.
- Stir sweet potato, chickpeas, 1 cup water, and salt into the mixture in the skillet; cook at a simmer until the sweet potato is just tender, about 10 minutes. Thin the mixture with more water if too thick.
- Stir tomatoes into the sweet potato mixture, bring to a boil, and cook until the liquid reduces to a thick gravy, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- I add a teaspoon of chili powder to make it extra hot and spicy. To those who can't stand the heat, just do without it.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark each of our site, if our internet site provides the best tested recipes.