Looking for recipes Slow Cooker Pork with Apricots, our own site provides recipes Slow Cooker Pork with Apricots that an individual need Listed below are the tested recipes Slow Cooker Pork with Apricots of which you need
|Slow Cooker Pork with Apricots|
"This recipe yields a yummy dish of tender pork chops topped with an onion and apricot mixture seasoned gently with cinnamon and ginger."
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) lean boneless pork loin chops
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 12 dried apricot halves, sliced, divided
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 6H30M|
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper; cook in the hot skillet until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a plate, retaining drippings in the skillet.
- Heat remaining teaspoon olive oil in the retained drippings; add onions and season with remaining salt. Saute onions until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Spread about half the cooked onions and half the sliced apricots into the bottom of a slow cooker crock. Lay pork chops atop the onion and apricots. Layer remaining onion and apricots over the pork chops; add pineapple juice, ginger, thyme, and cinnamon stick.
- Cook on Low until the pork is fork-tender, 6 to 8 hours (or on High for 3 to 4 hours). Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Sprinkle cilantro over the mixture.
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web-site provides the best tested recipes.