Looking for recipes Cardamom French Toast Casserole, our own site provides recipes Cardamom French Toast Casserole that a person need Listed below are the quality recipes Cardamom French Toast Casserole that will you need
|Cardamom French Toast Casserole|
"I love cardamom, and I thought I'd play with recipes featuring it. I came up with this one after having made cardamom braids, a Norwegian sweet bread. Cardamom braids are the best for this, but French bread or Italian bread will work, too."
- 5 cups cubed stale firm white bread
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
|Prep : 10M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 1H20M|
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x12-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the bread cubes in the prepared dish. Sprinkle the pecans over the bread.
- Beat the eggs, 1 1/2 cup milk, almond extract, 1 tablespoon cardamom, cinnamon, and brown sugar together in a bowl until thoroughly combined; pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes and pecans. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and allow the casserole to sit 15 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; remove the aluminum foil and continue baking until the top is golden brown, another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, and 3 tablespoons milk in a bowl with a fork until smooth; pour over the slightly cooled casserole to serve.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark the site, if our internet site provides the best tested recipes.