Looking for recipes Mediterranean Rice, each of our site provides recipes Mediterranean Rice that a person need Listed here are the quality recipes Mediterranean Rice of which you need
"The subtle blend of flavors in this recipe are a great change of pace from normal American fare, but it doesn't use expensive specialty spices."
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups wild rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow squash, cut into thick sticks
- 4 small turnips, cut into sticks
- 2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 poblano pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 1H20M|
- Bring water and wild rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain excess liquid, fluff rice with a fork, and cook uncovered 5 minutes more.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir onion until lightly browned and tender, about 10 minutes. Add raisins, honey, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to onion; reduce heat to medium-low and cook until raisins are tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil and olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat; add squash, turnips, and carrots. Cook and stir squash mixture until squash is just tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add poblano pepper, cilantro, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook and stir mixture until turnips and carrots are tender, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Stir onion mixture and wild rice into turnip mixture and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you substitute a hotter pepper than poblano or cook at too high a temperature, you may end up releasing a cloud of pepper spray into your kitchen.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark the site, if our web-site provides the best quality recipes.