Trying to find recipes The Shorba Freekeh of Algeria, our own site provides recipes The Shorba Freekeh of Algeria that a person need Listed below are the tested recipes The Shorba Freekeh of Algeria of which you need
|The Shorba Freekeh of Algeria|
"This is a traditional soup recipe from my Algerian side of the family. Shorba is like a generic word for soup; this recipe uses the roasted wheat called freekeh which gives this tomato and meat based soup a deep and original flavor. Like many traditional Mediterranean-style foods it is garnished with plenty of cilantro and fresh lemon juice."
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 serrano pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 Anaheim pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup finely ground freekeh
- 2 cups green peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, or more to taste
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 3H30M|
- Blend tomatoes, onions, serrano pepper, anaheim pepper, zucchini, and garlic together in a blender until vegetables are completely pureed.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook lamb and beef with a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally, until lamb is cooked through and browned on all sides, about 25 minutes.
- Stir vegetable puree, vegetable bouillon, cumin, black pepper, paprika, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper into lamb mixture. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until flavors begin to blend, about 35 minutes.
- Pour water and tomato paste into lamb mixture. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until lamb starts to tenderize, about 1 1/2 hours. Add freekeh; simmer until freekeh is incorporated into the soup, about 30 minutes.
- Stir peas and butter into soup. Remove pot from heat and stir cilantro into soup. Ladle soup into bowls and squeeze lemon juice into bowls.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web-site provides the best tested recipes.