Are you searching for recipes Seattle's Favorite Kale Salad, our own site provides recipes Seattle's Favorite Kale Salad that a person need Listed below are the quality recipes Seattle's Favorite Kale Salad of which you need
|Seattle's Favorite Kale Salad|
"This is my interpretation of a wonderful, good-for-you kale salad originally prepared by Seattle's top natural foods grocery chain. The flavorful wild rice, kale, and veggie combination with a lemony dressing can be made year-round and earns raves whenever it's served. It also keeps wonderfully, so make it ahead with no hesitation."
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- 2 large red bell peppers - seeded, cored, and chopped
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and chopped
- 2 bunches kale, leaves stripped from stems and torn into pieces
- 1/4 lemon, juiced, or to taste
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 1H|
- Whisk 1/2 cup lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Bring water, wild rice, and butter to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain excess liquid and cook uncovered until water is completely evaporated, about 5 minutes more. Stir rice and let cool slightly.
- Combine cabbage, red bell peppers, and fennel in the bowl with dressing; toss to evenly coat. Place kale on top of the cabbage mixture and spoon warm wild rice over kale; let sit until kale is slightly wilted, 5 to 10 minutes. Toss until salad is evenly mixed, adding more lemon juice to taste.
- Two to three lemons will yield 1/2 cup lemon juice.
- If desired, crumbled blue cheese, toasted and chopped hazelnuts, and/or sliced radishes may be added to the salad.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web site provides the best dishes.