Looking for recipes Stuffed Yellow Summer Squash, the site provides recipes Stuffed Yellow Summer Squash that an individual need Listed here are the dishes Stuffed Yellow Summer Squash of which you need
|Stuffed Yellow Summer Squash|
"I grew everything here in my garden; it was from the first harvest, so it was a lot cheaper on the budget, because we all know fresh fruit and veggies can get expensive. All in all, we had a great time cooking our 'own' food. Even my 4-year-old had fun helping. You can add sausage to the rice just to give a little extra kick."
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice (such as Uncle Ben's ®)
- 3 cups water
- 6 yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 splash olive oil, or to taste
- 2 small summer squash, diced
- 2 bell peppers, or more to taste, diced
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cherry or grape tomatoes, or more to taste
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 1H25M|
- Bring water and wild rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain excess liquid, fluff rice with a fork, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes more.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange yellow squash halves onto a baking sheet.
- Bake yellow squash in preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute summer squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, onion, and tomatoes in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mound rice atop each of the squash halves. Top rice with a portion of the sauteed vegetable mixture.
- Return squash to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle Gouda cheese over the stuffed squash halves and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark our own site, if our web-site provides the best quality recipes.