Trying to find recipes Simple Spicy Hummus, our own site provides recipes Simple Spicy Hummus that a person need Listed here are the dishes Simple Spicy Hummus that will you need
|Simple Spicy Hummus|
"I have eaten hummus a few times a week for years now. A couple years back I wanted something different, so I started messing around. After a few trial runs, this recipe represents my favorite hummus."
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
|Prep : 10M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 10M|
- Place chickpeas in a blender; top with olive oil, lime juice, tahini, and garlic. Blend mixture until smooth. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until desired consistency is reached. Add paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin; blend until incorporated.
- Try different brands of chickpeas, as they will yield different consistencies (smoother, chunkier, etc.).
- I use lime juice, but lemon works if you prefer. I put a little under 1/4 cup so it is a little more subtle.
- People tend to enjoy different amounts of tahini, distinct and thick. I put in a little under 1/4 cup.
- Cumin is a strong spice, so try a little under a 1/4 teaspoon first to see if you would want more.
- Depending on your consistency preferences and the type of blending unit being used, you may want/need anywhere up to 1/4 cup water.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark the site, if our web-site provides the best quality recipes.