Trying to find recipes Chef John's Shaved Asparagus Salad, our own site provides recipes Chef John's Shaved Asparagus Salad that a person need Listed below are the tested recipes Chef John's Shaved Asparagus Salad of which you need
|Chef John's Shaved Asparagus Salad|
"When you shave asparagus thin with a peeler and give it a quick curing/pickling in the mustard dressing, the harsh attributes mellow out substantially, and the sweet, grassy flavor comes through. In fact, it was so delicious that I contemplated serving it without the fried meat. Happily, that passed."
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or more to taste
- 24 large asparagus spears
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 4 ounces pastrami, sliced into thin strips
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 20M|
- Whisk vinegar and mustard together in a mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking rapidly until the dressing is thick and creamy.
- Hold an asparagus stalk at the stem, tip pointing away from you, on a work surface. Shave ribbons of asparagus off of the stalk with a vegetable peeler, moving the peeler from the stem-end to the tip. Repeat with remaining asparagus. Transfer asparagus strips to a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper over asparagus; drizzle dressing over the top and toss to coat. Let sit until asparagus wilts slightly, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir pastrami in hot oil until almost crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide asparagus salad between four plates and top with pastrami.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best tested recipes.