Trying to find recipes Chef John's Party Cheese Puffs, each of our site provides recipes Chef John's Party Cheese Puffs that a person need Listed here are the tested recipes Chef John's Party Cheese Puffs that will you need
|Chef John's Party Cheese Puffs|
"These beautiful cheese puffs, gougeres, are as easy as they are delicious. Usually Gruyere cheese is used but I had some very sharp farmhouse Cheddar cheese in the fridge, so I decided to use that. As long as you are using a very sharp, full-flavored cheese I don't think you can go wrong. I love gougeres with Gruyere, but I think the extra-sharp Cheddar was just as good."
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 40M|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Stir water, butter, and salt together in a pot; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and whisk flour into butter mixture until a paste-like dough forms, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer dough to a bowl to cool until warm, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk 1 egg, thyme, and black pepper into cooled dough until egg is completely incorporated. Add remaining egg and whisk until completely incorporated into dough. Stir 3/4 the cheese into dough until combined. Scoop 1-inch balls of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Top each with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and puffed, 15 to 20 minutes.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best quality recipes.