Trying to find recipes Chef John's Cranberry Bean Ragout, each of our site provides recipes Chef John's Cranberry Bean Ragout that an individual need Listed here are the dishes Chef John's Cranberry Bean Ragout that will you need
|Chef John's Cranberry Bean Ragout|
"Inspired by Chef John's favorite Spanish restaurant in San Francisco, Ramblas, this side dish features big, meaty beans stewed with corn, citrus, and currants."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock, or as needed
- 1 cup shelled cranberry beans
- 1 cup freshly shucked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 1H5M|
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic slices in hot oil until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock over the garlic; add cranberry beans, corn, tomato, currants, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper, respectively, and stir. Sprinkle 1 pinch oregano over the beans mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, add another splash chicken stock, and cook at a simmer, stirring occasionally and adding more broth to keep mixture from becoming dry, until the beans are completely tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir remaining oregano into the beans mixture; transfer to a plate and garnish with lemon zest.
- You may substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock if you prefer.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web-site provides the best quality recipes.