Looking for recipes Garden-Fresh Tomato Soup, each of our site provides recipes Garden-Fresh Tomato Soup that an individual need Listed below are the tested recipes Garden-Fresh Tomato Soup that will you need
|Garden-Fresh Tomato Soup|
"A delicious soup to use up the abundance of garden-fresh tomatoes we have each year. Fresh and flavorful, and many opportunities to adjust this soup to your liking!"
- 7 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (with seeds and juice)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter (optional)
- 5 large fresh basil leaves, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil, or to taste
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 1H15M|
- Combine tomatoes, onion, carrots, and garlic in a large pot. Drizzle olive oil over tomato mixture; cook and stir over medium heat. Cover pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth, salt, sugar, dill, black pepper, celery salt, and cloves into tomato mixture. Cover pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until soup flavors have blended, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until dissolved.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk cornstarch mixture into melted butter until smooth and thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour cornstarch mixture into tomato soup, stirring until incorporated.
- Pour half of the soup and basil leaves into a blender no more than half-full. Cover and hold lid down; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree soup in batches until smooth. Return blended soup to pot and heat on low for 3 to 5 minutes. Spoon soup into serving bowls and top with Parmesan cheese and shredded basil.
- You may add a splash of balsamic vinegar in individual bowls when serving, if desired.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark our own site, if our web-site provides the best tested recipes.