Are you searching for recipes Chef John's Salmon Cakes, each of our site provides recipes Chef John's Salmon Cakes that a person need Listed below are the dishes Chef John's Salmon Cakes that will you need
|Chef John's Salmon Cakes|
"I'm using canned salmon for this delicious recipe. Every grocery store carries it, and canned salmon is almost always wild salmon. I'm not going to go into the wild-versus-farmed salmon debate here, but wild is not only more eco-friendly, it tastes better and is more nutritious. You could use fresh cooked salmon for this recipe if you have leftovers, but since we are mixing this up with eggs and cracker crumbs, fresh salmon just isn't necessary, so why spend the extra cash?"
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can red salmon, skin and bone removed, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 saltine crackers
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 55M|
- Stir salmon, eggs, lemon juice, capers, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until well-combined.
- Crush saltine crackers with your hands into the salmon mixture and mix well. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 30 minutes to overnight.
- Dust a plate with half the bread crumbs. Divide salmon mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties; place onto prepared plate and sprinkle remaining bread crumbs atop the salmon patties.
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in hot oil until cooked and heated through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
I want to thank visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best tested recipes.