Trying to find recipes South Indian-Style Okra Fritters, each of our site provides recipes South Indian-Style Okra Fritters that an individual need Listed below are the dishes South Indian-Style Okra Fritters of which you need
|South Indian-Style Okra Fritters|
"These are a specialty from southern coast of India. These stay crisp for a day or two. Serve as an accompaniment to rice."
- 1/2 pound okra, finely chopped
- 1 green chile pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice flour, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour, or as needed
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 5M||Ready in : 25M|
- Mix okra, green chile pepper, cilantro, shortening, salt, and ginger together in a bowl. Knead rice flour and chickpea flour into the okra mixture to get a stiff dough.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wet one hand and use to hold the dough ball. Break small marble-size bits from the dough ball and drop into the hot oil, taking care to not overcrowd the pan; fry until golden brown and crisp. 7 to 10 minutes. Remove fritters to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat cooking until dough is completely used, refilling and reheating oil as needed.
- You can vary the quantity of flour as needed.
Thanks to visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web site provides the best dishes.