Looking for recipes Celery Root Puree, the site provides recipes Celery Root Puree that an individual need Listed below are the quality recipes Celery Root Puree of which you need
|Celery Root Puree|
"I joke that celery root tastes like celery if celery actually tasted good; for the most part, this is true. The flavor is quite mild and pleasant, and the texture is somewhat similar to mashed potatoes. This simple puree is a very versatile side dish, but the tasty root will also work sliced thin and layered in a gratin, either with or without potatoes. I hope you give this great fall and winter vegetable a try soon."
- 1 large celery root, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, juiced, divided
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 30M|
- Place celery root, 1/2 of the lemon juice, and kosher salt in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Blend celery root, cream, and butter in a blender until smooth. Push puree into a bowl through a fine-mesh strainer with a wooden spoon or spatula until puree is completely smooth. Drizzle remaining lemon juice into puree and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- You can substitute milk for the heavy whipping cream, if desired.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark our own site, if our internet site provides the best dishes.