Looking for recipes Slow Cooker Old Country Pork and Sauerkraut, each of our site provides recipes Slow Cooker Old Country Pork and Sauerkraut that an individual need Listed here are the quality recipes Slow Cooker Old Country Pork and Sauerkraut of which you need
|Slow Cooker Old Country Pork and Sauerkraut|
"What could be more effortless than pork, sauerkraut, and a handful of caraway seeds cooked for hours until you just can't wait any longer? At least you'll have time to set the table for this hearty, down home meal."
- 1 (4 pound) pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups sauerkraut with liquid
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
|Prep : 5M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 6H15M|
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pork loin in hot skillet until browned completely, 1 to 2 minutes per side; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Season pork with caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Pour sauerkraut and tomatoes over the pork; top with onion slices.
- Cook on High for 1 hour. Switch slow cooker to Low and continue cooking until the pork is cooked through, 5 to 6 hours more. The internal temperature of the roast should be at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- I prefer to cook this on top the stove so I can keep an eye on how done the meat is, but in a pinch the slow cooker works fine. I find the addition of a little apple cuts down on the smell some.
- Also, you can make dumplings (fluffy ones) or boiled potatoes to add to this; it is good with mashed potatoes, too.
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark the site, if our internet site provides the best quality recipes.