Trying to find recipes Lentil Samosas, our own site provides recipes Lentil Samosas that an individual need Listed below are the quality recipes Lentil Samosas of which you need
"Samosas made with slightly sprouted brown lentils, dried apricot, yam, onion, coconut milk, and some spice. Serve hot. My 2-year-old boy loves them!"
- 3/4 cup dried brown lentils
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 yam, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package samosa pastry (egg roll wrappers)
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 8H55M|
- Place lentils into a bowl and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add curry powder, cardamom, ginger, cumin, and cayenne pepper; stir to coat. Mix lentils, yam, water, and coconut milk into onion mixture; cook and stir over low heat until liquid is mostly reduced and lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove wok from heat and lightly mash mixture.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoons lentil mixture into the center of each pastry; fold pastry over filling creating a triangle. Fold edges into the triangle to seal. Arrange samosas on a baking sheet and brush remaining olive oil over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark each of our site, if our internet site provides the best dishes.