Are you searching for recipes Fresh Pickled Beet Melody, our own site provides recipes Fresh Pickled Beet Melody that a person need Listed below are the dishes Fresh Pickled Beet Melody that will you need
|Fresh Pickled Beet Melody|
"A modern day spin on an old-time favorite, incorporating fresh beets, carrots. and onion in a tangy, sweet marinade. Very quick and easy to make. Beets stain! Make sure to wear an apron!"
- 6 beets, stems removed
- 4 large carrots, cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : P1D|
- Place whole beets in a pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until beets are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Place carrots in a microwave-safe dish and cook on high until firm but tender, about 6 minutes. Place carrots in a colander under cold water to stop the cooking process, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove peels and discard; cut beets into thin slices.
- Whisk cider vinegar, sugar, ginger, orange zest, dill, sea salt, garlic powder, mustard, and black pepper together in a microwave-safe bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Whisk oil into cider dressing mixture. Microwave dressing on high for 2 minutes; whisk again.
- Combine beets, carrots, and onions together in a large container; pour dressing on top and mix well. Cover the container and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
Thanks to visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web site provides the best tested recipes.