Trying to find recipes Sweet Potato & Ginger Soup, the site provides recipes Sweet Potato & Ginger Soup that a person need Listed below are the quality recipes Sweet Potato & Ginger Soup of which you need
|Sweet Potato & Ginger Soup|
"This is a recreation of a soup I was served at a wonderful restaurant in downtown Greensboro, NC. The sweetness of the sweet potatoes combined with the fragrant ginger, earthy cumin, and spicy cayenne give this soup a deep flavor with multiple levels of warmth. If an immersion blender is not available, soup maybe be blended in a regular blender in small batches."
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 10 slices nickel-sized slices fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 1H10M|
- Heat oil in a heavy stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until garlic begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, ginger, cilantro, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and ground black pepper into onion mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove stock pot from heat and blend soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt and ground black pepper as necessary. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
I want to thank visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark each of our site, if our internet site provides the best tested recipes.