Trying to find recipes Helter Skelter Sweet Rolls, our own site provides recipes Helter Skelter Sweet Rolls that a person need Listed here are the dishes Helter Skelter Sweet Rolls that will you need
|Helter Skelter Sweet Rolls|
"This is a simple cinnamon recipe that my mom likes to call 'Helter Skelter.' She got this from a coworker in Norfolk, NE in 1976. It's called 'Helter Skelter' because you tear two loaves of frozen bread dough and place it 'helter skelter' in the baking pan."
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins, divided (optional)
- 2 (1 pound) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (4.6 ounce) package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 3H30M|
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle walnuts into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle about half the raisins with the walnuts.
- Tear one bread dough loaf into pieces; add to baking dish and top with remaining raisins.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir brown sugar, pudding mix, milk, and cinnamon with the butter; cook, stirring frequently, until the dry ingredients dissolve completely and the mixture thickens into a caramel-like sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the bread in the baking dish.
- Tear remaining dough loaf into pieces and arrange into he pan, filling any empty spots with dough pieces.
- Let the dough raise for 2 1/2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until no longer doughy in the center, about 30 minutes. Cool rolls in pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn the rolls out onto a serving platter large enough to contain the sauce that will run off the rolls.
- The preparation time takes longer than 30 minutes because the bread has to thaw and raise.
- Pecans can be used in place of walnuts.
- Add more milk if you desire more carmel. I suggest doubling the caramel ingredients to make more carmel but my mother didn't seem to think that was a good idea.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark the site, if our web-site provides the best dishes.