Looking for recipes An Easy-as-Pie Sweet and Sour Sauce (no red sauce here...golden), our own site provides recipes An Easy-as-Pie Sweet and Sour Sauce (no red sauce here...golden) that a person need Listed here are the tested recipes An Easy-as-Pie Sweet and Sour Sauce (no red sauce here...golden) that will you need
|An Easy-as-Pie Sweet and Sour Sauce (no red sauce here...golden)|
"After having to put up with the so-called 'sweet and sour sauce' that they serve in American Asian restaurants (theirs are only sweet), I got this recipe from a friend in Alaska when I was stationed up there years ago."
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
|Prep : 5M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 15M|
- Stir sugar, chicken broth, white vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce, salt, and garlic together in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Whisk water and cornstarch together until cornstarch is dissolved; whisk into the boiling mixture. Cook sauce until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use a pot that allows room for the bubbling sauce, as it will burn skin in a pan that's too small when it bubbles and you're stirring.
- Unlike the majority or American restaurants that I've been in, this is truly a sweet and sour flavor and is golden in color, as opposed to red.
Thanks to visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark the site, if our internet site provides the best quality recipes.