Trying to find recipes Chef John's Santa Maria-Style Beans, each of our site provides recipes Chef John's Santa Maria-Style Beans that a person need Listed here are the dishes Chef John's Santa Maria-Style Beans of which you need
|Chef John's Santa Maria-Style Beans|
"Classic Santa Maria-style beans are made with a special variety of pink beans called pinquitos. These 'little pink' beans are prepared in a spicy, smoky, tomato/chili sauce that's spiked with not one, but two kinds of pork. Santa Maria beans have come into my life relatively late, so I plan on making up for lost time this barbecue season."
- 1 pound dry pink beans (such as pinquito)
- cold water to cover
- 2 slices peppered bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup diced smoked ham
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (optional)
- 1 pinch dried oregano
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 10H35M|
- Place pink beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain.
- Place drained beans in a stockpot with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer and cook until almost completely tender, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- While beans are simmering, cook and stir bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until cooked through but not crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Add ham; cook and stir until ham is heated through, about 1 minute. Stir garlic into ham mixture and cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup water, ketchup, sugar, dry mustard, paprika, chili powder, salt, chipotle chile powder, and oregano. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook until flavors blend, about 30 minutes.
- Drain beans, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Combine beans, reserved liquid, and tomato mixture in the beans stockpot; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender and mixture has thickened, about 30 minutes.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best quality recipes.