Are you searching for recipes Chef John's Kummelweck Rolls, the site provides recipes Chef John's Kummelweck Rolls that an individual need Listed below are the dishes Chef John's Kummelweck Rolls that will you need
|Chef John's Kummelweck Rolls|
"These rolls are fragrant with caraway seeds and topped with coarse salt, making them the perfect base for Western New York's Beef on Weck sandwiches."
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup warm water (105 degrees F/41 degrees C)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon honey, or more to taste
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, or to taste
- coarse sea salt to taste
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 2H20M|
- Whisk 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup warm water, and yeast together in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let sit until foamy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir 2 tablespoons oil, 1 egg white, sugar, salt, and honey into yeast mixture; whisk until smooth. Gradually add flour to yeast mixture while mixer is running with the dough hook attached; knead until a soft, sticky dough forms, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining vegetable oil into the bowl and turn dough to coat. Cover the bowl and let dough rise until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, flatten dough, and press into rectangle. Cut dough into 12 pieces and form pieces into rolls. Place rolls 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk 1 egg white and 2 teaspoons water together in a small bowl. Use kitchen shears to cut an X at the top of each roll. Brush rolls with egg white mixture and sprinkle with caraway seeds and salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- I like to add about 80% of the flour called for and then continue adding small amounts as the dough kneads until I have the perfect texture. You want a soft, fairly sticky dough that pulls cleanly off the sides of the bowl.
- Get the recipe for Chef John's Beef on Weck sandwiches.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark the site, if our internet site provides the best quality recipes.