Are you searching for recipes Al's Baked Swiss Steak, our own site provides recipes Al's Baked Swiss Steak that a person need Listed below are the dishes Al's Baked Swiss Steak that will you need
|Al's Baked Swiss Steak|
"This is a variation on another recipe, which is great as is, but I couldn't make Swiss steak without green peppers or garlic. I also season the meat instead of the flour; it gets a more intense taste that way."
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as LAWRY'S®)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 2H5M|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Cut steak into four portions and pound to 1/4-inch thickness; season with salt, pepper, and seasoned salt. Coat meat evenly with about 1 tablespoon flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook beef in hot oil until browned completely, 3 to 5 minutes per side; transfer to prepared baking dish reserving drippings in the skillet.
- To the drippings, add tomatoes, onion, green bell pepper, beef broth, carrots, celery, garlic, 1 tablespoon flour, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring the tomato mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture over the meat in the baking dish. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake until beef is completely tender, about 90 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over beef and return to oven uncovered until cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Thanks to visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best tested recipes.