Trying to find recipes Great-Grandma Cathy's Date Loaf Candy, each of our site provides recipes Great-Grandma Cathy's Date Loaf Candy that an individual need Listed here are the tested recipes Great-Grandma Cathy's Date Loaf Candy of which you need
|Great-Grandma Cathy's Date Loaf Candy|
"Handed down from my great-grandmother, and one of my father's all-time favorite holiday treats. Store in the refrigerator (rolled in the cloth), and it will keep for weeks. Otherwise, it becomes hard and sugary."
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
|Prep : 10M||Cook : 10M||Ready in : 8H30M|
- Stir sugar, milk, and butter together in a saucepan; bring to a boil without stirring once the boiling begins. Heat until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a rigid ball or until the mixture reaches 250 degrees F (120 degrees C), about 20 minutes. Immediately remove saucepan from heat and stir dates, pecans, and vanilla into the milk mixture.
- Thoroughly wet a piece of cheesecloth and lay out onto a flat work surface. Pour the candy mixture into the middle of the cloth and roll the cloth around it to shape into a log.
- Refrigerate until hard, 8 hours to overnight. Remove log from cloth and slice.
- You can use a heavy cotton cloth if you do not have cheesecloth, but do not use terrycloth.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark each of our site, if our internet site provides the best quality recipes.