Looking for recipes Sausage-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers, the site provides recipes Sausage-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers that a person need Listed below are the tested recipes Sausage-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers of which you need
|Sausage-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers|
"There's nothing quite like the piquillo pepper. They're sweet, fruity, slightly smoky, and just bitter enough. For me, they're the San Marzano tomatoes of peppers. And while I enjoy them in literally anything, these delicate, triangular beauties are just made for stuffing."
- 8 teaspoons olive oil, or as needed, divided
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage, casings removed and meat crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked long-grain white rice
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 blood orange, zested and juiced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 12 piquillo peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 45M|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush a baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute sausage, green onion, and a pinch of salt in hot oil until meat is browned and crumbly and onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Watch Now
- Mix rice, goat cheese, egg, 2 tablespoons parsley, garlic, cumin, 1 teaspoon blood orange zest, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Spoon rice mixture into each pepper. Place stuffed peppers in a single layer in the prepared baking dish. Scatter almonds over the top, drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until stuffed peppers are heated through and filling is hot, 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon blood orange juice, remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, and remaining parsley over the top. Watch Now
- You can substitute any spicy ground sausage for the chorizo. You can substitute any orange zest for the blood orange zest.
- If piquillo peppers are torn, just place a spoonful of filling in the center of the pepper and wrap the sides around the filling.
I want to thank visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web-site provides the best tested recipes.