Trying to find recipes Vegan Lentil Loaf with Greek Flavors, each of our site provides recipes Vegan Lentil Loaf with Greek Flavors that an individual need Listed here are the quality recipes Vegan Lentil Loaf with Greek Flavors of which you need
|Vegan Lentil Loaf with Greek Flavors|
"I tried to create the tastes of a Greek keftethes, with a vegetarian twist. The vegetables can be minced in a food processor. Serving suggestions: add sliced loaf to pita pockets and top with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and tzatziki."
- 2 cups French green lentils
- water to cover
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 2H30M|
- Place lentils in a pot and pour in enough water to cover by 2 inches; add onion powder, celery salt, and garlic salt. Cook lentils, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until tender, about 40 minutes. Cool lentils slightly and add to a food processor; blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix lentils, green bell pepper, celery, carrots, and garlic in a large bowl. Add parsley, brown rice, chia seeds, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, mint, salt, and pepper to lentil mixture; mix well. Pour lentil mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 1 1/2 hours. Cool slightly before slicing, about 15 minutes.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark the site, if our web site provides the best tested recipes.