Trying to find recipes Blue Cheese Lasagna, each of our site provides recipes Blue Cheese Lasagna that an individual need Listed here are the dishes Blue Cheese Lasagna of which you need
|Blue Cheese Lasagna|
"The blue cheese in this recipe lends a creamy quality to the cottage cheese layer and only a subtle, pleasant touch of flavor. There is no mozzarella in this non-traditional lasagna that will have your guests waiting for the recipe handout. (Have it ready!) I have the habit of making way too much lasagna, so this recipe is perfect for keeping my portions under control for our now-empty nest with minimal leftovers. I believe this would work well in a slow cooker, but haven't tried it yet. Don't be afraid of the blue cheese flavor overpowering this recipe - it doesn't!"
- cooking spray
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cheese Layer:
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 2H20M|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat the inside of a glass 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and pork in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix spaghetti sauce and brown sugar into beef-pork mixture until sauce is well blended.
- Combine cottage cheese, blue cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, and oregano in a bowl.
- Spread enough sauce into the bottom of the loaf pan to reach 1-inch depth. Break 2 lasagna noodles to fit the length of the loaf pan, slightly overlapping. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodle layer. Layer 3 slices provolone, slightly overlapping, over cheese layer. Sprinkle 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese over provolone cheese. Repeat layering with the remaining ingredients ending in a layer of sauce.
- Place the loaf pan on the prepared baking sheet and top loaf pan loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and cooked through, about 1 1/2 hours. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark our own site, if our web site provides the best dishes.