Looking for recipes Barbacoa Meat, each of our site provides recipes Barbacoa Meat that an individual need Listed below are the quality recipes Barbacoa Meat that will you need
"Traditionally a Sunday morning treat, but barbacoa is great any morning. Barbacoa can be for the more adventurous, but a real treat none-the-less. I do not recommend substituting the cheek meat with roast, it won't taste right. Barbacoa has a certain gelatinous slide and tack that is the hallmark of the genre. Serve on tortillas with hot sauce and chopped cilantro."
- 3 pounds beef cheek meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water, or more as needed
- 1/2 yellow onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
|Prep : 10M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 11H10M|
- Coat beef cheek meat with olive oil. Rub salt, cumin, and pepper into meat. Wrap meat in aluminum foil and refrigerate, 4 hours to overnight.
- Pour water into a slow cooker.
- Arrange onion and garlic around beef cheek meat in the aluminum foil. Wrap foil tightly around meat and vegetables. Add a second sheet of aluminum foil around meat mixture, sealing tightly; place in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low, adding more water if it has evaporated, until meat is very tender, 7 to 8 hours. Remove foil packet from slow cooker and shred meat using 2 forks.
- This recipe calls for a lot of salt, but it is needed.
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
I want to thank visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web-site provides the best quality recipes.