Looking for recipes Navaho Indian Fry Bread, each of our site provides recipes Navaho Indian Fry Bread that a person need Listed below are the quality recipes Navaho Indian Fry Bread that will you need
|Navaho Indian Fry Bread|
"A fried bread that I learned to make while working on the Navaho reservation. Can be used as a main dish bread or as a dessert with honey or jam."
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
|Prep : 15M||Cook : 4M||Ready in : 25M|
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift flour, baking powder, powdered milk, and salt together in a large bowl. Pour water over flour mixture and stir until a sticky dough forms. Form dough into a ball using floured hands.
- Fry the dough in the hot oil until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer fry bread to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Bread can be kept warm in a 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) oven for 1 hour. They refrigerate nicely. Reheat in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
I want to thank visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark each of our site, if our internet site provides the best dishes.