Trying to find recipes Marie's Fish Chowder, the site provides recipes Marie's Fish Chowder that an individual need Listed below are the quality recipes Marie's Fish Chowder of which you need
|Marie's Fish Chowder|
"Good with French baguette on side and/or with green salad."
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock, divided
- 5 cups diced potatoes
- 2 pounds cod, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay®), or to taste
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups half-and-half
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 8M||Ready in : 45M|
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in hot butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups chicken stock into the pot; add potatoes. Bring the liquid to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the potatoes are beginning to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cod into the stock with the remaining chicken stock; season with parsley, seafood seasoning, garlic salt, salt, and black pepper. Stir flour into clam juice with a whisk until smooth; add to soup. Cook and stir until the liquid begins to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Beat cornstarch into cold water with a whisk until smooth; stir into soup. Cook just long enough for the cornstarch slurry to get warm and begin to thicken the liquid even further, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Stream half-and-half into the soup while stirring.
I want to thank visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark the site, if our internet site provides the best dishes.