Are you searching for recipes Kyera's Hearty Beef Borscht, the site provides recipes Kyera's Hearty Beef Borscht that a person need Listed here are the quality recipes Kyera's Hearty Beef Borscht of which you need
|Kyera's Hearty Beef Borscht|
"My friend's mom used to make 'garden' soup every Sunday. She would go through her fridge and any unused veggies would be thrown into the soup pot. This is my version; hearty, thick, and chock full of veggies. It is important to add the diced beets at the end to keep the colour appealing. My daughter goes crazy for this soup; it is very tasty and filling, best served warm."
- 2 pounds beef oxtail
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 head cabbage, diced
- 1 cup diced celery (optional)
- 1/2 cup pearled barley
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups water, or enough to cover
- 1 bunch beets with greens - scrubbed, beets diced, and greens chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
|Prep : 45M||Cook : 16M||Ready in : 6H55M|
- Place oxtail, onions, carrots, cabbage, celery, barley, onion soup mix, dill, cinnamon, bay leaf, and water in a large slow cooker. Cook on low until meat is tender, about 5 hours.
- Remove meat and bones from slow cooker; cool on a plate until easily handled, about 10 minutes. Cut meat into small pieces; return meat to the soup and discard bones. Skim off any fat from soup; remove bay leaf.
- Stir beets and beet greens into soup; cook on low until beets are tender, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper; top each bowl with about 1 tablespoon sour cream to serve.
Thanks to visiting our blog. may forget to bookmark our own site, if our web-site provides the best dishes.