Are you searching for recipes Brandied Apple Rings, each of our site provides recipes Brandied Apple Rings that a person need Listed below are the quality recipes Brandied Apple Rings of which you need
|Brandied Apple Rings|
"This is a great way to preserve apples, with a sweet, subtle brandy flavor to it. They make an excellent pie filling! It should be enough to make three pies."
- 4 1/2 pounds apples, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch thick rings
- water to cover
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups white sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup brandy
- 3 1-pint canning jars with lids and rings
|Prep : 20M||Cook : 48M||Ready in : 1H|
- Place apple rings in a bowl and pour in enough water to cover. Add lemon juice to water.
- Bring sugar and 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan; cook and stir until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add apples to sugar-water mixture and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. Pack apple rings into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Keep syrup in the saucepan.
- Bring the syrup back to a boil and add brandy; cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle the syrup over apple rings, filling the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
- Run a knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars after they have been filled to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any food residue. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water using a holder. Leave a 2-inch space between the jars. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until cool. Once cool, press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all). Store in a cool, dark area.
- If you want to use it immediately rather than canning it, simply leave apples and syrup together to cool.
Thanks to visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark our own site, if our internet site provides the best dishes.