Looking for recipes Apple Slice Squares, our own site provides recipes Apple Slice Squares that a person need Listed here are the quality recipes Apple Slice Squares that will you need
|Apple Slice Squares|
"My mom has been making these since I was a kid, and they are the hit of every family get-together, from my brothers and sisters all the way down to the grandchildren; it is even spreading to my in-laws. Enjoy this family-favorite."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 apples - peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices, or more to taste
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 12M||Ready in : 1H45M|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk 2 cups flour and salt together in a bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture using a pastry blender or a fork until crumbly.
- Whisk water, eggs, and lemon juice together in a separate bowl; stir into flour mixture until dough forms a ball. Split dough into halves; roll each half into about a 9x13-inch rectangle. Press 1 rectangle into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl; add sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon. Toss apples to coat; spread over crust. Cover apple filling with remaining crust, piecing together any scraps to cover any holes. Cut several slits into top crust for ventilation while cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are browned and crisp, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool to room temperature before cutting into squares, about 30 minutes.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Thanks to visiting our blog. avoid forget to bookmark our own site, if our web-site provides the best dishes.