Looking for recipes Chef John's Macaroni and Cheese, the site provides recipes Chef John's Macaroni and Cheese that an individual need Listed here are the quality recipes Chef John's Macaroni and Cheese of which you need
|Chef John's Macaroni and Cheese|
"This easy-to-make old-school macaroni and cheese has a perfectly crispy crust."
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
|Prep : 10M||Cook : 6M||Ready in : 55M|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is cooked through but still slightly firm, about 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam and bubble, stir in the flour; cook on medium heat until flour just begins to turn pale yellow, 3 to 4 minutes. Add thyme, cayenne pepper, and white pepper; cook and stir another minute, then whisk in 1 cup of milk until smooth. Pour in remaining milk and whisk again. Bring the sauce just to a simmer.
- Stir in nutmeg, Worcestershire sauce, and salt; simmer on medium-low heat until thickened, about 8 minutes, whisking often. Turn heat off, then add 2 1/4 cups of Cheddar cheese; stir until melted and combined. Add Dijon mustard.
- Transfer the macaroni into a casserole dish, then pour in the cheese sauce; stir to thoroughly combine sauce with pasta. Mix panko bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter in a small bowl, and sprinkle crumbs on top of macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup of Cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread crumbs and Cheddar cheese topping are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Thanks to visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web site provides the best tested recipes.