Are you searching for recipes Apple and Onion Salad Endive Spears, each of our site provides recipes Apple and Onion Salad Endive Spears that an individual need Listed here are the quality recipes Apple and Onion Salad Endive Spears of which you need
|Apple and Onion Salad Endive Spears|
"Fruit, bitter greens, crunchy nuts, and blue cheese all come together for a flavorful appetizer."
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, minced
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored, and minced
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar (such as Bragg®)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 Belgian endives, separated into individual leaves
|Prep : 30M||Cook : 30M||Ready in : 35M|
- Toast walnut pieces in a dry skillet over medium-high heat until aromatic and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine apples, onion, chives, and parsley in a bowl and toss well.
- Pour vinegar into a small bowl; drizzle and whisk olive oil into vinegar until emulsified. Pour dressing into apple mixture and toss to coat.
- Gently fold walnuts and blue cheese into apple mixture just before serving. Spoon filling onto each endive leaf.
- I can get between 4 and 6 usable spears off of each endive. This is probably the most expensive item. I typically use the rest of the endives in a salad later, chopping or slicing them and incorporating them with other greens.
- The dressed apple mixture can be refrigerated overnight before adding walnuts and blue cheese if desired.
- Keep the blue cheese cold just before stirring into apple mixture to keep the blue cheese from turning creamy.
I want to thank visiting our blog. no longer forget to bookmark each of our site, if our web site provides the best tested recipes.